[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools (users)] - Re: WTP2.0.1, JBossAS-Tools-1.0.0.beta4 not publishing corre

dlmiles do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Oct 9 01:43:48 EDT 2007

"rob.stryker at jboss.com" wrote : i'm still unable to reproduce the problems you mentioned at the beginning of the thread.

Thanks for the feedback that it works with your setups (Max/Rob), so I have investigated some more.  I have confirmed I am running beta4 (just to be sure).

My conclusion is that there is indeed a problem when the JBoss runtime is not on the same file system as the "project build area".  As I setup another runtime in my home directory and that published with the JBossTools-AS fine.

I then moved this same runtime instance to another file system, and manually cleaned the servers/default/deploy/MyEAR.ear/ directory from it and proceeded to setup a new runtime in this location too (I could not edit the runtime home on the existing instance it would not let me).  When I published I got the directory tree created and the MyJAR.jar (a Utility JAR for the EAR classpath) but none of the other files were created.

So I would guess that you too are not doing a file copy but a rename, just to be clear its only the final step of making the file visible to the runtime that interests me and indeed is what this thread concerns, you can use whatever method/algorithm you like in preparation for that final setup.

I shall find or open a new JIRA now, I don't think its difficult to recreate, type 'df' from linux to understand your filesystem layout and then use 'df /home/myuser/workspace' and 'df /somewhere/jboss-4.2.1.GA' to verify the two locations are on different file system.

If you don't have a big enough alternative filesystem with your linux install, then create a loopback one:

dd if=/dev/zero of=/tmp/bigfile.ext2 bs=1k count=163840
  | /sbin/mke2fs /tmp/bigfile.ext2
  | # Say Yes to proceed
  | mkdir /mnt/loop
  | su
  | # Enter root password
  | /bin/mount  -o loop -t ext2 /tmp/bigfile.ext2 /mnt/loop
  | df /mnt/loop
  | cd /mnt/loop
  | unzip jboss-4.2.1.GA.zip
  |
  | # To tear it down as root
  | /bin/umount /mnt/loop
  | rm /tmp/bigfile.ext2

I can't speak for Windows, but I would have expected using different drive letters would have the same effect.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4092835#4092835

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4092835