[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Conversation management in a desktop-like applikation

jbuechel do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Oct 9 04:22:16 EDT 2007

I'm developing an application which has a similar look and feel as a desktop app. So there is a dropdown menu.

What i've done to open the different modules from the menu is just like this:

old menuItem.xhtml
<rich:menuItem value="#{messages.menu_manage_persons}"
  | 				action="/modules/manageCatalogs/persons/main.xhtml" />

As i'm thinking of having a new long-running-conversation on each (more complex) module.
For ending the previous conversation for each menu item i ended up in writing a more complicated (more code) solution as following:

new menuItem.xhtml
<rich:menuItem value="#{messages.menu_manage_persons}"
  | 		action="#{navigationManager.managePersons}" />

new NavigationManager class
@Scope(ScopeType.STATELESS)
  | @Name("navigationManager")
  | public class NavigationManager {
  |
  | 	public void queryOnlineDirectory() {
  |
  | 	}
  | 	public void managePersons() {
  |
  | 	}

new entry in pages.xml
	<page view-id="/*" login-required="true">

  | 		<navigation from-action="#{navigationManager.queryOnlineDirectory}">
  | 			<end-conversation />
  | 			<redirect view-id="/modules/queryCatalog/catalog/main.xhtml" />
  | 		</navigation>
  | 		<navigation from-action="#{navigationManager.managePersons}">
  | 			<end-conversation />
  | 			<redirect view-id="/modules/manageCatalogs/persons/main.xhtml" />
  | 		</navigation>
  | 	</page>

I tried quite a lot ways to get around the NavigationManager class, but i couldn't figure out to achive this..

It would be greate if someone could give me a hint how to get around the use of the NavigationManager class (there are much more menu items of course and i don't like to implement this "needless" class)..

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4092892#4092892

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4092892