[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Delegation Class Problems (Repost)

Tom Brough do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Oct 9 07:48:20 EDT 2007

I have desgined a very small workflow using eclipse. I have incorporated an assignment class to delegate a task to a particular user. All micky mouse stuff but I am getting the following in JBOSS log

 ERROR [Delegation] couldn't load delegation class ''

and this from the web page :-

Error starting process: An exception of type "org.jbpm.graph.def.DelegationException" was thrown.

Now this is my processdefinition.xml

  | <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
  |
  | <process-definition
  |   xmlns="urn:jbpm.org:jpdl-3.2"
  |   name="IT01">
  |    <swimlane name="initiator">
  |       <assignment class=""></assignment>
  |    </swimlane>
  |    <swimlane name="ITManager">
  |       <assignment class=""></assignment>
  |    </swimlane>
  |    <start-state name="start">
  |       <transition name="transition1" to="getDetails"></transition>
  |    </start-state>
  |    <end-state name="end"></end-state>
  |    <task-node name="getDetails">
  |       <task name="getDetails" swimlane="initiator"></task>
  |       <transition name="Transition2" to="Check Form">
  |       </transition>
  |    </task-node>
  |    <task-node name="Check Form">
  |       <task name="ITManagerFormCheck">
  |          <assignment class="uk.gov.torbay.it01.jbpm.ITManagerAssignment">
  |             <actor>manager</actor>
  |          </assignment>
  |       </task>
  |       <transition name="Transition3" to="end"></transition>
  |    </task-node>
  | </process-definition>

and this is the source of my  uk.gov.torbay.it01.jbpm.ITManager Assignment class.

  | package uk.gov.torbay.it01.jbpm;
  |
  | import org.jbpm.graph.exe.*;
  | import org.jbpm.taskmgmt.def.*;
  | import org.jbpm.taskmgmt.exe.Assignable;
  |
  | public class ITManagerAssignment implements AssignmentHandler {
  |
  |   private static final long serialVersionUID = 1L;
  |
  |   private String actor;
  |
  |   public ITManagerAssignment()
  |   {
  |   }
  |   public void assign(Assignable assignable, ExecutionContext executionContext) {
  |     assignable.setActorId("manager");
  |   }
  | public String getActor() {
  | 	return actor;
  | }
  | public void setActor(String actor) {
  | 	this.actor = actor;
  | }
  |
  | }
  |

>From the above error It would appear I have a parsing problem with the processdefinition.xml file since it seems to be trying to load a null class path/name.

Anyone got any ideas where I am going wrong here ?

The Eclipse deploy seems to indicate everything is ok so I am not sure whate to believe here.

Appologies for repost I quoted the code instead of coding it and it didnt like it, price you pay for not previewing things in the first place.

Tom.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4092973#4092973

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4092973