[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Extending UserPortlet, getting UserModule

k3nnymusic do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Oct 9 10:26:00 EDT 2007

I am using jboss as 4.0.5 and jboss portal 2.4.2. I am trying to extend UserPortlet with my own functionality. First I created new portlet with existing sources such as UserPortlet.java, UserPortletConstants, all *.jsp from oryginal UserPortlet. I copied all sections of UserPortlet from core descriptors to my own ones and I added to project portal-lib.tld and portlet.tld.

I debbuged portlet and I have got init excepions in lines:

userModule = (UserModule)getPortletContext().getAttribute("UserModule");
  |       roleModule = (RoleModule)getPortletContext().getAttribute("RoleModule");
  |       mailModule = (MailModule)getPortletContext().getAttribute("MailModule");
  |       portletHelper = new PortletHelper(this);
  |
  |       //
  |       if (userModule == null)
  |       {
  |          throw new PortletException("No user module");
  |       }
  |       if (roleModule == null)
  |       {
  |          throw new PortletException("No role module");
  |       }
  |       if (mailModule == null)
  |       {
  |          throw new PortletException("No mail module");
  |       }
because portlet context return nulls. What should I do?  I must set this three attributes first? Where? Might be I forgot something in descriptors?

Thanks

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4093057#4093057

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4093057