[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - s:fileUpload doesn't preserve pending value after immediate

tynor do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Oct 9 13:37:00 EDT 2007

Seam 2.0.0.CR1

I have a form containing several h:inputText's, a s:fileUpload and an h:commandButton that is used to add an item to a server-side Set, which is then used to draw a dataTable on the facelet.  (I'm in a manually flushed transaction:

  | @Begin(flushMode=FlushModeType.MANUAL, join=true)

I use this sort of button on several forms without any trouble, but I'm having problems when there is an s:fileUpload control on the form -- when the button action fires and the screen refreshes, all the other controls (select boxes, text inputs, etc.) preserve their as-yet-unpersisted values, but the filename selected by the file upload control is cleared.

Is this a bug in s:fileUpload? Can I workaround somehow?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4093146#4093146

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4093146