[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Pojo constructor called twice - normal?

captainvoid do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Oct 9 14:42:36 EDT 2007

Hi,
being a newbie to Seam and JSF I just built my first Seam webapp running in Tomcat 5.5 (Seam 1.2.1 GA + Facelets).
In order to see when exactly my components (all Pojos) get instantiated I put some debug output in the components' constructors. Now I noticed that Seam, every time it creates a component, apparently calls the constructor twice, first directly then via javassist.
I guess this is normal (because of the proxies?) but just wanted to be sure before putting expensive operations in the constructors...
Thanks for information!

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4093171#4093171

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4093171