[jboss-user] [Beginners Corner] - No capability (e.g. no option to create portal, manage users

tulumvinh do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Oct 9 19:50:20 EDT 2007

Problem:  after login to JBoss portal (http://hostname:8080/portal) with user "admin", I am missing the following:

- There is no content in the "Home" tab.
- After clicking on the "admin" link in the upper right hand corner, I see "Home" and "Members" tabs.  However, there is no content within these tabs.  I was expecting a button to allow me to create a portal, pages within a portal, windows within a page, etc..
- The scenario applies to other tabs as well (i.e. I see the tab but no data).

Here is my setup:
- jboss-4.2.1.GA for my application server.
- Downloaded and built jboss-portal-2.6.2.GA-src from source for my JBoss portal.
- O/S:  RedHat
- JDK:  1.5.0_13
- Database:  Postgres version 8.2.

I do see more than 2 dozens jbp* tables within my Postgres database and the tables have data.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4093236#4093236

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4093236