[jboss-user] [JBoss AOP] - Intercepting web deployment

stevev do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Oct 10 08:56:50 EDT 2007

I'm trying to use JBoss AOP to intercept the execution of TomcatDeployer performDeploy method so that I can manipulate the WebApplication object but it doesn't seem to work for me.

I followed the instructions on READ THIS FIRST sticky post of this forum to set up AOP on JBoss 4.2.1 which worked fine. I then edited the jboss-aop.xml file of the injboss example adding an interceptor.

   <bind pointcut="execution(* org.jboss.web.tomcat.service.TomcatDeployer->performDeploy(..))">
  |        <interceptor class="org.jboss.injbossaop.lib.SimpleInterceptor"/>
  |    </bind>

I deployed this and restarted the server. I then added a simple WAR to the deploy directory but the looging messages normally generated by SimpleInterceptor didn't show, just a message to say that TomcatDeployer was deploying the WAR. I tried it again using "call" instead of "execution" but this didn't work either.

Is there something I'm missing here? Is it even possible to intercept this method?

Thanks,

Steve

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4093470#4093470

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4093470