[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: h:message for / s:decorate question (cause of the proble

Holger Prause do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Oct 10 15:00:32 EDT 2007

Well first of all sorry to all for the confusion.

First of all 1 thing:

1) its working like expected (upgrade to jsf 1.2 and use label attribute )

I was so sure that my message template(generated from redhat developer studio) was the same like in the jsf implementation and that i am doing everything right, but that was wrong.

//from generated messages_en.properties
javax.faces.component.UIInput.REQUIRED=value is required

//from jsf impl.jar
javax.faces.component.UIInput.REQUIRED={0}: Validation Error: Value is required.

so why i thought that label attribute is ignored was that missing
{0}: in my properties file

christian.bauer at jboss.com  wrote:
anonymous wrote :
  | Man, just configure your messages.properties file - there are many examples and documentation - and override the message. Done.

When i read this i was so angry course i was so absolutly sure that it has nothing to with the properties file and that i was treated like a noob.

Well what to say, chrisitan was absolutly right :-)

I am such a damn noob(i admit it).To my excuse - that was a simple but mean little problem.
Sorry again for spamming forum.

But let me say this at least : i still dont like jsf. XD

Thx very much its finally working all and me very happy now.
With best regards / whishes (Dont give up - its mostly worth it)

Holger

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4093679#4093679

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4093679