[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: seam generate-entities failure

pete.muir@jboss.org do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Oct 10 19:29:17 EDT 2007

"franciscoacb" wrote : Why not, Pete?

I would never ever put generated code into production without a complete review first.  This just seems like common sense to me.

anonymous wrote : I mean, I have always thinked that seam-gen generated code was what is suggested by JBoss Seam Team as a "good pratice", a good way to organize code etc.

Sure, but its also auto generated - so the templates are best on our recommendations - but not the resulting app.

anonymous wrote : You guys have a huge experience in developing web applications, infinitely greater than mine, as a newbie. So isn't it correct to assume that the generated code takes advantage of this experience and we can consider that the code is already (or at least almost) production-quality?

I would call it always a good starting point for your app - something that you can review, add to and play around with.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4093785#4093785

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4093785