[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - DataModel in two SFSB issues (regression)

lcoetzee do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Oct 11 11:03:26 EDT 2007

Hi,

some time ago I ran into this problem (which was fixed in CVS), but seems to have re-appeared with Seam 2.0 CR2

http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&t=106625

Briefly...
I have a SFSB  (questionnaireManagementBean) where I create/populate a datamodel ("sections"), which is outjected and used on my xhtml page. From that page (in the same conversation) I execute a method in another SFSB (sectionManagementBean)(where I use the previously outjected datamodel). At this point the datamodel is not available in sectionManagementBean anymore (in previous CVS builds this variable was available (but I dont know when this stopped working again)).

The source code:

  | @Stateful
  | @Name("questionnaireManagementBean")
  | public class QuestionnaireManagementBean implements QuestionnaireManagement {
  |
  | 	@DataModel
  | 	private List<Section> sections;
  |
  | .
  | .
  | .
  | }
  |

  | @Stateful
  | @Name("sectionManagementBean")
  | public class SectionManagementBean implements SectionManagement {
  | 	@DataModel(value="sections")
  | 	private List<Section> sections;
  |
  | 	@DataModelSelectionIndex(value = "sections")
  | 	private int selectedSectionNr;
  | .
  | .
  | }

When I look at the variables in the conversation context injected into the sectionManagementBean I  see the "sections" in the conversation context as:

  | INFO[csir.questionnaire.management.seam.SectionManagementBean] questionnaireManagementBean.sections

and not as just a normal "sections". Thus the variable is null (which results in all sorts of nasty things.)

Any suggestions ?

Thanks

Louis

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4094145#4094145