[jboss-user] [JBossCache] - Re: ClassCastException/instanceof fails when getting object

dode do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Oct 11 11:45:08 EDT 2007

Interesting, I didn't know the PrefixDeploymentSorter.

And I didn't know that it is possible to put a simple JAR in the deploy dir so it would just load the classes inside, either.

Anyway, I have put the JAR in the lib dir, since if I put it in deploy, it seems to get loaded after the cache tries to unmarshal objects it recieved from another node during startup, and a NoClassDefFoundError is thrown.

It is simple user sessions that I put in the cache, so it is nice that they "survive" a restart of a node.

I'm really happy with the setup now - I can restart any node, redeploy the webservice - no problems at all and the replication incl. database persistence through the CacheLoader works perfectly!

The farming deployment is BTW also really cool, since I have 4 nodes in the cluster.

Thanks again for all the help! Now I just have to convince the management... but I'm confident :-)

Torsten

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4094171#4094171

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4094171