[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools (users)] - Re: JBoss Tools 2.0.0.beta4 released

max.andersen@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Oct 12 05:06:36 EDT 2007

thanks ybxiang! but ...please report each issue in seperate jira isssues; otherwise this will just get lost since you are talking about different issues.

anonymous wrote :
  | 1)bugs about installing RHDS
  | My OS is winXP, JDK1.6
  | steps:
  | .--copy rhdevstudio-win32-1.0.0.beta2.jar into d:\java
  | .--run command from this directory:
  |     D:\java>java -jar rhdevstudio-win32-1.0.0.beta2.jar
  | .--next->accept->install path=d:\java\rhdevstudio->next->default JVM->select "yes, and have it ..."->next->next
  | .--Now, begin install, when "progress" bar shows 3/3 and at last, one error box pop up which says "Invalid type code:00".
  |
  | the log says:
  | all-45961.log
  | java.io.StreamCorruptedException: invalid type code: 00
  |         at java.io.ObjectInputStream$BlockDataInputStream.readBlockHeader(Unknow
  | n Source)
  |         at java.io.ObjectInputStream$BlockDataInputStream.refill(Unknown Source)
  |
  |         at java.io.ObjectInputStream$BlockDataInputStream.read(Unknown Source)
  |         at java.io.ObjectInputStream.read(Unknown Source)
  |         at com.izforge.izpack.installer.Unpacker.run(Unpacker.java:526)
  |         at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Are you sure your download is not somehow truncated ?

If you think it is correct then please report it against our Installer in RHDS in jira.
anonymous wrote :
  | ==============================================
  | 2)many bugs about deploy seam project as ear by RHDS
  | Now, i delete the RHDS directory"D:\java\rhdevstudio",
  | and reinstall it without JBOss AS. And set JBossRuntime by hand.
  | steps:
  | .--reinstall RHDS and in step5 of 10, i select "no".
  | .--now, i create a seam project:file->new-> seam web project->project name="ybxiang"->select "Java persistence"->next->next->( set SqlServer JDBC Driver correctly)...->In JSF Capability dialog select "Server supplied JSF implementation"->next->Seam runtime =jboss-seam-1.2.1.GA, Deploy as ="ear"-->Finish
  | .--Now, select menu "project->build all"
  | .--Now, Run it: "Run as"->"Run on Server"->"JBoss 4.2 Server"->next->
  | Now, in this window, you can find two table. I add project "ybxiang" and "ybxiang-ear" to right table. Obviously, the project "ybxiang-ear" contains project "ybxiang" which is the WAR and project "ybxiang-ejb" which is the EJB. Now, i should be allowed to remove project "ybxiang" and only have project "ybxiang-ear" left in the right table!!! But, i am not allowed to remove it!!!

But you are running ybxiang-ear so why do you expect to change this ?

anonymous wrote :
  | .--Now, put "Finish" button, you will find that the ybxiang-ear.ear(EAR) and ybxiang.war(WAR) are both deployed into "D:\java\jboss-4.2.1.GA\server\default\deploy"!!! It's not right!!!
  | This is the bug(1).

yes - because you added both projects ;)

But yes, this should not happen. Does it only happen with our server adapter or also with the default builtin adapters ?

anonymous wrote :
  | .--Now, i shut down jboss, and  delete EAR and WAR file. I want to redeploy it. I push "Run"->"Run on server" again, neither EAR nor WAR is redeployed to "D:\java\jboss-4.2.1.GA\server\default\deploy"!!!
  | This is the bug(2)

If there are no changes to files, why shuold the files be redeployed ?

anonymous wrote :
  | .--I restart RHDS. Run->"Run on server"->Now, you can find EAR and WAR is depployed there, I delete "ybxiang.war" before JBoss is run completely. I get the exception:
  | ---------------------------------------
  | 16:52:13,172 ERROR [[/ybxiang]] Error configuring application listener of class org.apache.myfaces.webapp.StartupServletContextListener
  | java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.myfaces.webapp.StartupServletContextListener
  | It's because JBOSS4.2 use Sun JSF implementation instead of MyFaces's.
  | So i delete below code from web.xml
  |
  |       <listener-class>org.apache.myfaces.webapp.StartupServletContextListener</listener-class>

That is because you used Seam 1.2.1.GA which seam-gen is generating files for JBoss 4.0.5.

The bundled JBoss Seam with RHDS have the correct files.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4094432#4094432

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4094432