[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Possible to retrieve authenticated user's username/password

doranen do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Oct 12 12:59:58 EDT 2007

Hi all,

I've been trying to find a definitive answer on this topic and seemingly some people have gotten it to work.  I'd like to retrieve the user's username/password they used to login to JBoss Portal so I can forward it to external sites.

I've been trying to use the Valves ExtendedFormAuthenticator and FormAuthValve, but get a username=null when the valves are invoked, though I am able to login.

I'm very new to portal dev so a simple answer would be appreciated.

Thanks!

JBoss Portal Version : 2.6.2 Bundled
Downloaded Portal, not from CVS
JBoss AS Version: 4.2.1