[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools (users)] - Re: WTP2.0.1, JBossAS-Tools-1.0.0.beta4 not publishing corre

max.andersen@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Oct 12 16:27:45 EDT 2007

"dlmiles" wrote :
  | "max.anderson at jboss.com" wrote : I never seen anything in that tmp file location you mention - it just contains a profile.dat file which I think just represents the last list of resources that have been copied ?
  |
  | Can you be more specific?  Are you windows or linux ?

both.

anonymous wrote :
  | Have you ever create a Tomcat runtime and WAR/DWP deployed to it ?

sure - but now we are talking about fixing our jboss adapter deployment....

anonymous wrote :
  | Have you even created JBoss runtime using WTP driver and deployed to it ?  If no and no then I wouldn't expect to see much in the directory if you've never had a publish failure.

I stepped through the code of jstpublisher andi don't see any temp file copying being performed when we use our adapter...I do realize that tomcat and jboss adapter does this of different reasons (tomcat - has it as a "deploy" location and jboss wtp as a tmp storage before zipping it up)

anonymous wrote :
  | What is the specific path on your computer you are looking at ?

the one you gave me. .metadata/org.eclipse...etc.

anonymous wrote :
  | Can you confirm the absolute path to your JBoss runtime, I have not verified if the problem I see is re-creatable on windows by having JBoss runtime on a different drive letter.  I'm not sure if windows has rename magic (which turns out to  be a file copy) if you rename a file across drive letters.

I'm not saying we don't have issues across disk boundaries; i'm just saying i'm not seeing any temporary files being created...

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4094777#4094777

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4094777