[jboss-user] [Performance Tuning] - Re: High System CPU Time

hamilrk1 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Oct 12 17:14:53 EDT 2007

Interesting there are no other takers on this ... Nobody else is seeing  high system time (1:1 with User cpu time)?

I separated apache and Jboss to different physical boxes and the problem followed jboss/jvm. So under load, apache is truely snoozing...

I'm looking into things like strace, oprofile, gdb, etc. now to try and figure out what is happening inside the JVM.

Might also consider JRockit as it supposedly has some nice features for peering inside the JVM ... Anyone have any thoughts on what the best approach would be for getting insight into the JVM or the JBoss microkernel?

Of course it could be the code too ...  My developers are resisting.. :)

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4094798#4094798

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4094798