[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Binding Component to Backing Bean Property

mikeeprice do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Oct 13 20:51:33 EDT 2007

I tried to bind a component to a backing bean property

	<h:form>
		<h:panelGrid id="panelGrid_01" binding="#{conceptManager.letterPanelGrid}"/>
	</h:form>

and ran into this problem.

"You can't bind to a CONVERSATION scoped backing component because the conversation context is not available in the RESTORE VIEW phase."

So I changed the scope to Session

@Stateful
@Name("conceptManager")
@Scope(ScopeType.SESSION)
public class ConceptManagerAction implements ConceptManager, Serializable{

and still had the same problem.

java.lang.IllegalStateException: No conversation context active org.jboss.seam.ScopeType.getContext(ScopeType.java:126) org.jboss.seam.Component.outjectAttribute(Component.java:1665)
com.sun.facelets.el.TagValueExpression.setValue(TagValueExpression.java:93) com.sun.faces.lifecycle.RestoreViewPhase.doPerComponentActions(RestoreViewPhase.java:244)

Is it possible that I could write a PhaseListener that runs before RestoreView and makes the necessary context avaiable so that resolving the binding expression during RestoreView will work? If not then would the closest alternative be creating a custom component that will create the kind of PanelGrid I would like to have?

Thanks Mike Price

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4094936#4094936

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4094936