[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Random conversation id's

christian.bauer@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Oct 15 08:40:28 EDT 2007

1) No, they will get a new Session ID and the cid=2 is not used (assuming that they bookmarked a non-conversational page - which is the normal case). We are already discussing if appending the ID of a temporary conversation makes sense at all.

2) User error, agreed this might be useful for that case. So while it's not the same as playing the lottery it's still quite unlikely to get a collision because identifiers are constantly incremented.

I'm against this because I need incremental conversation IDs to debug my application, e.g. in the log.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4095218#4095218

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4095218