[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Re: process image display highlights wrong end node if task

ramsub do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Oct 15 09:18:49 EDT 2007

Actually, If I had specified the wrong transition, it would have gone to the wrong node - but I don't find that happening ! The transition name is correct, and it also goes to the right node - as evidenced by my logs, where I print the name of the last node from my action handler on event 'process-end'.

As for my code - it's very simple:

  | public class GenericAssignmentHandler implements AssignmentHandler {
  |
  |  public void assign(Assignable assignable, ExecutionContext executionContext)
  |         throws Exception {

  |         if (startAndEndTask) {
  |
  |             log.info("-----------starting and ending task-------------");
  |
  |             // start and finish the task right here.
  |             ((TaskInstance) assignable).start();
  |
  |             ((TaskInstance) assignable)
  |                 .end("Approved");
  |         }
  |  log.info("------------done assignment handler----------");
  |
  | }

And my process definition looks like:

  | <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
  |
  | <process-definition xmlns="" name="NewSimpleProcess">
  | 	<start-state name="start">
  | 		<transition name="" to="Level1Approval"></transition>
  | 	</start-state>
  |

  | 	<task-node name="Level1Approval">
  |
  | 		<task name="Level1ApprovalTask">
  |
  | 			<assignment
  | 				class="GenericAssignmentHandler">
  | 							</assignment>
  |

  | 		</task>
  |

  | 		<transition name="Approved" to="Level2Approval"></transition>
  | 		<transition name="Denied" to="Denied"></transition>
  | 	</task-node>
  |

  | 	<task-node name="Level2Approval">
  |
  | 		<task name="Level2ApprovalTask">
  | 			<assignment
  | 				class="GenericAssignmentHandler">
  |
  | 		</task>
  |

  | 		<transition name="Denied" to="Denied"></transition>
  | 		<transition name="Approved" to="Approved"></transition>
  | 	</task-node>
  |

  | 	<end-state name="Approved"></end-state>
  | 	<end-state name="Denied"></end-state>
  |
  | 	<event type="process-end">
  | 		<action
  | 			class="GenericProcessEndHandler">
  | 		</action>
  | 	</event>
  |

  | </process-definition>

Now, if I place transition Denied before Approved in my last node, it highlights denied, and if Approved appears first, it highlights approved !! And I *am* passing the transition name when I end the task. Am I making some obvious blunder here ?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4095240#4095240

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4095240