[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Quartz - persisting timers on the database problem.

raffaele.camanzo do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Oct 15 11:47:20 EDT 2007

Hi all,

I'm using Quartz in my application (I do not use EJB timers because Quartz seems to be more flexible and able to support clustering) and the Seam integration works very well if I do not re-start my AS.

I've configured Quartz through the seam.quartz.properties as follows:

  | #============================================================================
  | # Configure Main Scheduler Properties
  | #============================================================================
  |
  | org.quartz.scheduler.instanceName Sched1
  | org.quartz.scheduler.instanceId AUTO
  | org.quartz.scheduler.rmi.export false
  | org.quartz.scheduler.rmi.proxy false
  |
  | #============================================================================
  | # Configure ThreadPool
  | #============================================================================
  |
  | org.quartz.threadPool.class org.quartz.simpl.SimpleThreadPool
  | org.quartz.threadPool.threadCount 3
  |
  | #============================================================================
  | # Configure JobStore
  | #============================================================================
  |
  | org.quartz.jobStore.misfireThreshold 60000
  |
  | org.quartz.jobStore.class org.quartz.impl.jdbcjobstore.JobStoreTX
  | org.quartz.jobStore.driverDelegateClass org.quartz.impl.jdbcjobstore.oracle.OracleDelegate
  | org.quartz.jobStore.useProperties false
  | org.quartz.jobStore.dataSource flashDS
  | org.quartz.jobStore.tablePrefix QRTZ_
  |
  | #============================================================================
  | # Configure Datasources
  | #============================================================================
  |
  | org.quartz.dataSource.flashDS.jndiURL jdbc/FlashDB

and created the Quartz tables on my Oracle DB.

No problem at deploy time, no problem at run-time, but the tables are empty and after a re-start no timer executes.

Does Seam control correctly the Quartz DB persistence?
Am I doing something wrong? Something missing?

Help Appreciated.

Regards,
Raffaele Camanzo

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4095297#4095297