[jboss-user] [EJB/JBoss] - Commit Option D and ctx locks

pcarrollnf do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Oct 15 15:05:00 EDT 2007

I have a one to many relationship configured.  I know that the foreign key column in my many table has to allow for NULL values according to the EJB spec.  As far as I know an INSERT occurs that populates the row except for the foreign key value.  Then an UPDATE occurs populating the foreign key.  I also have commit-option d configured for these 2 entity beans with a cache refresh of 5 minutes.  When I perform several inserts into the many table, it appears that, at times, the UPDATE to populate the foreign key does not occur leaving the foreign key value NULL.  I believe it is due to the fact that the cache is refreshing at the same time the UPDATE is being attempted.  I see a few Unable to passivate due to ctx lock, id=32901 warnings around the time this occurs.  By reducing the cache refresh time, I can more easily reproduce the issue.

Should I be using a different commit-option?  Is there a way I can catch the fact that the foreign key value is never comitted to the database?  I am using JBoss 3.2.0.  Thanks.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4095378#4095378

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4095378