[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - making custom user-object available to Seam context

axismundi do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Oct 16 04:05:11 EDT 2007

I am struggling a little bit with the logic of the Seam context.
Currently we get "RequiredException: @In attribute requires non-null value" messages after the user has logged in.

Requirement:
on authentication, an ApplicationUser object should be made available to Seam-context for later usage.

Current solution:
our authenticator-class is supposed to outject a property to the Seam-context:

@Out
private ApplicationUser applicationUser;

or, alternatively, make itself available :

@Name("authenticator")
public class Authenticator {....

However, none of both is available in the Seam-context after the user has logged in!
I suppose, the reason is that once Authenticator.authenticate() returns true indicating successfull authentication, Seams Identity-class expires the current context and creates a new context. Hence, both objects, applicationUser and authenticator, are LOST.

So, what is best practise to make our custom user-object available to the session?
org.jboss.seam.security.Identity doesn't offer something like "setAttribute".

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4095507#4095507

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4095507