[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - Re: Configuring virtual host in jboss-4.2.0.GA?

vlaugier do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Oct 16 09:07:43 EDT 2007

Hello,

I hope this discussion is not closed because I have the same problem with jboss_eap_4.2.0_CP1

I have followed instructions on http://wiki.jboss.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=VirtualHosts hoping that the configuration for jboss 4.0 also works for 4.2 (unlike Tom I do not know if my configuration would work on jboss 4.0)

This is what I get with  :
http://www.mydomain.fr leads me to the jboss default page JBOSS_HOME/server/production/deploy/jboss-web.deployer/ROOT.war/index.html

http://mydomain.fr leads me to a blank page

http://www.orangeadomicile.fr/portalOAV2 and http://orangeadomicile.fr/portalOAV2 lead to the application

The server.xml configuration is :

  | <Connector port="80" address="${jboss.bind.address}"
  |          maxThreads="250" maxHttpHeaderSize="8192"
  |          emptySessionPath="true" protocol="HTTP/1.1"
  |          enableLookups="false" redirectPort="8443" acceptCount="100"
  |          connectionTimeout="20000" disableUploadTimeout="true" />
  |
  | [...]
  |

  | <Host name="orangeadomicile.fr"
  |                autoDeploy="false" deployOnStartup="false" deployXML="false">
  |                  <Alias>orangeadomicile.fr</Alias>
  |                  <Alias>www.orangeadomicile.fr</Alias>
  |                  <Valve className="org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve"
  |                         prefix="orangeadomicile.fr-120-" suffix=".log"
  |                         pattern="common" directory="${jboss.server.home.dir}/log"/>
  | </Host>

and jboss-web.xml

  | <?xml version="1.0"?>
  | <!DOCTYPE jboss-web>
  | <jboss-web>
  |         <virtual-host>orangeadomicile.fr</virtual-host>
  | </jboss-web>

or (I do not quite understand the difference, but I have seen both on forums)

  | <?xml version="1.0"?>
  | <!DOCTYPE jboss-web>
  | <jboss-web>
  |         <context-root>/portalOAV2</context-root>
  |         <virtual-host>orangeadomicile.fr</virtual-host>
  | </jboss-web>

We have configured the DNS for this domain in the same manner as for our other domains pointing to apache websites. That is to say we tell the DNS server to point this domain name to this IP adress, we cannot specify more I think on the DNS side.

What we want is achieve the same thing as in apache, in apache we would have written for a domain name albumus.fr

  | <VirtualHost our IP adress:80>
  |         ServerAdmin vincent.laugier at helmet.fr
  |         ServerName www.albumus.fr
  |         ServerAlias  www.albumus.fr albumus.fr
  |         DocumentRoot /var/www/album/
  |         <Directory /var/www/album>
  |                 AllowOverride All
  |                 Allow from all
  |         </Directory>
  |         ErrorLog /var/www/album/logs/error.log
  |         LogLevel warn
  |         CustomLog /var/www/album/logs/access.log combined
  |         ServerSignature Off
  | </VirtualHost>

Note : jboss is not running locally, so changin /etc/hosts is no use

I hope you Tom or someone else have found a solution, documentation is scarce

regards

Vincent

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4095599#4095599

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4095599