[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - NoSuchMethodException only 7 Google references

geezenslaw do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Oct 16 11:49:03 EDT 2007

Hello SEAM committers, gurus and users. I have the curious situation of deploying the SEAM 1.2.1 example: blog. The server.log exception follows. Jarscan shows the ApplicationImpl class to be in the JBOSS server jar: jsf-impl.jar. I must have the wrong jar but I do not know which jar that could be. Obviously, the ApplicationImpl class does not contain the target method: addELResolver. Thanks in advance and please advise, David.

2007-10-16 09:47:52,273 ERROR [org.apache.myfaces.webapp.StartupServletContextListener] Error initializing ServletContext
java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.NoSuchMethodException: com.sun.faces.application.ApplicationImpl.addELResolver(javax.el.ELResolver)
	at org.jboss.seam.jsf.SeamApplication12.(SeamApplication12.java:46)
	at org.jboss.seam.jsf.SeamApplicationFactory.getApplication(SeamApplicationFactory.java:29)
	at org.apache.myfaces.config.FacesConfigurator.configureApplication(FacesConfigurator.java:414)
	at org.apache.myfaces.config.FacesConfigurator.configure(FacesConfigurator.java:130)

OS: Windows XP
JBOSS: 4.2.1.GA
SEAM 1.2.1.GA
IDE: Eclipse Europa