[jboss-user] [JBossWS] - @PostConstruct never invoked

gturner do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Oct 17 14:24:11 EDT 2007

I have a JAX-WS 2.0 RI based project deployed on JBoss 4.0.4.GA that I am upgrading to JBoss 4.2.1.GA with JBossWS 2.0.1.GA.

An endpoint packaged in a war makes use of @PostConstruct, as well as some Handlers that make use of @PostConstruct as well.  @PostContruct on the web service class is never invoked, however @PostConstruct on on of the Handlers does get invoked.  I'll try experimenting with removing the handlers, and see if it's something like JBossWS will only invoker one @PostConstruct method per web service.

The following port interface was generated from the WSDL:

The following implementation makes use of @PostConstruct, but never gets invoked:

  | @WebService(endpointInterface="com.xo.nextgen.hvodwebservice.wsdl.ImportPort")
  | public class ImportWebService implements ImportPort {
  |
  |     @Resource
  |     private WebServiceContext context;
  |
  |     @PostConstruct
  |     public void initialize() {
  |     }
  |
  |     @PreDestroy
  |     public void destroy() {
  |     }
  |
  |     public ImportResponse submitJob(ImportRequest request)
  |             throws ServiceFault {
  |     }
  |
  | }

The following handler.xml is used to inject two Handlers:

The following Handler interestingly does have it @PostConstruct method invoked:

  | public class SchemaValidationHandler
  |     implements LogicalHandler<LogicalMessageContext> {
  |
  |     @PostConstruct
  |     public void initialize() throws WebServiceException {
  |     }
  |
  |     @PreDestroy
  |     public void destroy() {
  |     }
  |

  |     public boolean handleMessage(LogicalMessageContext context) {
  |     }
  |
  |     public boolean handleFault(LogicalMessageContext context) {
  |     }
  |
  |     public void close(MessageContext context) {
  |     }
  |
  | }

Also the exact same behavior occurs with JBoss 4.2.1.GA with it's native JBossWS 1.2.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4096238#4096238

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4096238