[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Re: How to set and get Portal session

cry4dawn do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Oct 17 17:45:51 EDT 2007

well i dont think its just a portlet problem then. if you deploy 2 wars warA can not see Warb's session without doing some kind of call back. there is always application scope, but thats worse then using the session scope.

that said you could probably create a singelton class to hold the values, shove it into the application scope and have you portlets grab it from there.

i personally would put all the portlets that need to share the same session info into one war and let them all deploy together. on our current project we dont even use session scoped jsf beans, we pass it all along the request, or make a call to the db using request.getRemoteUser() as the parameter to the stored procedure.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4096297#4096297

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4096297