[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - Running JBoss AS as a window service with JBossNative: probl

engela do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Oct 18 05:30:02 EDT 2007

I want to run JBoss AS as a window service. I am using JBossNative and it worked fine on my own machine (MS Windows XP Professional 2002). However I have problems stopping the service in our test environment (MS Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Edition). When stopping the service I get the error (I have renamed the service name from JBAS42SVC to JBossAS404SVC):

C:\jboss-4.0.4.GA\bin>net stop JBossAS404SVC
  | The service is not responding to the control function.
  |
  | More help is available by typing NET HELPMSG 2186.
Rerunning the stop command returns the message:

C:\jboss-4.0.4.GA\bin>net stop JBossAS404SVC
  | The JBoss Application Server 4.0.4 service is not started.
  |
  | More help is available by typing NET HELPMSG 3521.
Looking at the task manager I can see that the jbosssvc.exe is gone but the java.exe is still running and my web site is still up and running. The only way out is to kill the java.exe (not nice).

Did anyone have similar problems and how can I fix it? I am using:
- JBoss AS 4.0.4
- JBoss Native 2.0.1 Windows 32 package
- jdk1.5.0_11

Or is there an alternative to JBossNative if I want to run JBoss AS as a windows service? Alternatives known to me are:

JavaService (http://javaservice.objectweb.org): I am not fond of it as I never got it to run.

Java Service Wrapper (http://wrapper.tanukisoftware.org): which I was using so far. However I need to change the default Sun Memory allocation settings and there actually seems to be a bug with this (http://wiki.jboss.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=RunJBossAsAServiceOnWindows).  So it is not an option for me.

Thanks,

Anette

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4096455#4096455

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4096455