[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Re: Unable to get JBoss portal to start

kierangreen do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Oct 18 08:20:51 EDT 2007

hi there,

I used the portal login to create the database and have assigned all available privedleges to the jbossportal database to the portal login. It creates 58 tables and a lot of indexes for me, but i cannot find anything ni these tables.

I will try writing a small app to access the MySQL instance with the portal JNDI and login etc and see if that works or fails.

Could it also be a problem with my PC? The JBoss community server works fine until i deploy the jboss-portal.sar ... at which point i get these errors on startup and i can not access anything on the seerver at all, not even the web-console without a heap error.

If i remove the portal deployment, the server works like a dream again.

If forgot to mention i also deployed the JConnect MySQL jars to the server lib.

I have now tried this with the 4.2.0, 4.2.1 and bundled packages for JBoss. With the same result.

I am running it on XP pro, machine is a 2.3ghz Dual Core processor with 2gb ram incorporateing a 3.3gb page file.

Is there some way i can increase the memory available to JBoss to see if this helps?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4096501#4096501

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4096501