[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools (users)] - Re: Visual Editor Won't Start on Ubuntu 6 *with libxp6 insta

idarwin do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Oct 18 12:45:09 EDT 2007

anonymous wrote :
  | try to get the latest nightly build - here we use xulrunner which should avoid all these libxp needs and conflicts with existing browser(s).

Still no dice. As of this morning, I am using:

20071001.testing-eclipse-jee-europa-fall-linux.gtk.x86_64.tar.gz
JBossTools-200710171522-nightly-ALL-linux-gtk.zip

There are no other plugins installed (I did "rm -r eclipse" and just extracted the above two files, nothing else). Should anything else be needed?

So, srry to report that this made no difference (except I'm glad to see the Perspective name changed from RHDL to Web Dev, thanks!). But the Visual Editor still will not run.

However, I did find a "detail message" this time, in this snippet from the top secret hidden :-) Eclipse log file (e.g., $WORKSPACE/.metadata/.log):

  | !SESSION 2007-10-18 12:25:47.792 -----------------------------------------------
  | eclipse.buildId=M20070921-1145
  | java.version=1.6.0
  | java.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.
  | BootLoader constants: OS=linux, ARCH=x86_64, WS=gtk, NL=en_CA
  | Command-line arguments:  -os linux -ws gtk -arch x86_64
  |
  | !ENTRY org.jboss.tools.vpe 4 0 2007-10-18 12:26:51.278
  | !MESSAGE nsIWebBrowser is not available
  | !STACK 0
  | org.jboss.tools.vpe.xulrunner.XulRunnerException: nsIWebBrowser is not available
  |         at org.jboss.tools.vpe.xulrunner.browser.XulRunnerBrowser.<init>(XulRunnerBrowser.java:91)
  |         at org.jboss.tools.vpe.xulrunner.editor.XulRunnerEditor.<init>(XulRunnerEditor.java:109)
  |         at org.jboss.tools.vpe.editor.mozilla.MozillaEditor$4.<init>(MozillaEditor.java:214)
  |         at org.jboss.tools.vpe.editor.mozilla.MozillaEditor.createPartControl(MozillaEditor.java:214)
  |         at org.jboss.tools.vpe.editor.VpeEditorPart.createPartControl(VpeEditorPart.java:518)
  |         at org.jboss.tools.jst.jsp.jspeditor.JSPMultiPageEditorPart.addPage(JSPMultiPageEditorPart.java:82)
  |         at org.jboss.tools.jst.jsp.jspeditor.JSPMultiPageEditor.createPagesForWindows(JSPMultiPageEditor.java:399)
  |         at org.jboss.tools.jst.jsp.jspeditor.JSPMultiPageEditor.createPages(JSPMultiPageEditor.java:375)
  |         at org.jboss.tools.jst.jsp.jspeditor.JSPMultiPageEditorPart.createPartControl(JSPMultiPageEditorPart.java:124)
  |         at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorReference.createPartHelper(EditorReference.java:661)

Does this help? There must be some kinda internal web browser because the help page works...

Thanks!!

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4096662#4096662

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4096662