[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Re: How to set and get Portal session

saigon_man do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Oct 18 14:21:30 EDT 2007

Thanks for your responses. The string value is just one of the things we want to pass to the portlets. I wonder if you have done anything to user's roles retrieving? That means that if you have a login page in the portal, after you log in, Jboss knows how to map that user's role to appropriate portlets. I wonder if JBoss ever exposes that role throughout its scope? If it does, do you  know the name of that variable? (like PortletSession.APPLICATION_SCOPE) or is there a way to get the user's role without doing a JNDI lookup through Hibernate to the database to get the role?

Thanks,

SGM

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4096692#4096692

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4096692