[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - Re: away from console setup for jmx-console?

ztaps do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Oct 18 16:27:01 EDT 2007

"PeterJ" wrote : I assume that you are running JBoss AS 4.2.x (you never said). That version binds to localhost by default. If you bind it to 0.0.0.0, then it will be accessible from anywhere:

  | ./run.sh -b 0.0.0.0
  |
  | By the way, this is documented in the readme file.
  |
  | Oh, and if you are running the app server as a service, see my post in http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&t=121025&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=10, near the bottom of the page .

Thanks for the prompt response!  =)

I restarted the run.sh script using the 0.0.0.0 notation.  I then did ...

http://xxx.xx.xx.xx:8080/jmx-console

...and it still said Cannot connect to server.

I need to change some more settings as I see discussed in some other posts.

I'll get back with you on what happens.

Thanks again for being some prompt.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4096733#4096733

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4096733