[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Programmatic arbitrary redirection inside pageflow

IGx89 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Oct 18 16:32:42 EDT 2007

My use case is that I want the ability to programmatically show simple messages to the user and then end the pageflow when they click "Ok" on the message page. The reason for that is for edge cases where certain conditions arise where the user shouldn't continue any further in the pageflow.

In psuedo-code, it'd look like:

  | if(someEdgeCondition) {
  |    Message "Sorry, but you can't continue. Please try again once you fix it."
  |    EndPageflow
  | }

Basically just like exception throwing should work, except without the long, multiple stack traces being put into the webapp's error log.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4096735#4096735

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4096735