[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - document.getElementById() problem with JSF/Seam

asookazian do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Oct 18 20:44:58 EDT 2007

I noticed that a Javascript function I have inside a xhtml page could not reference/find the <h:inputHidden> field by ID unless it was not embedded inside a dataTable.

I need to use that function to get the value of a inputHidden field inside a dataTable.  Any rules about this?

The function seems pretty simple.  document.getElementById("elementID").

If the inputHidden was inside <h:form> then the function call works like this:

document.getElementById("formID: elementID")

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4096778#4096778

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4096778