[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Junk characters after validation.

muralikri_bng do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Oct 19 00:49:13 EDT 2007

Hi All

We have project being developed in the following environment

1)	Tomcat 5.5
2)	Jboss Seam 1.2.1
3)	Hibernate 3.0

We have registration form with around 20 fields. The form enctype is ?multipart/form-data?. Following types of fields are included in the form

1)	Textbox
2)	Text Area
3)	Select Box
4)	List Box
5)	File
6)	Date

There are some mandatory fields for which we have specified required=?true? in our xhtml file. There are also some fields for which we have hibernate validation happening.

Now the problem is if the user submits the form without filling up the mandatory fields junk values are getting added to a textfield which is of date type.

Example of some junk values are below
Example 1.
?-----------------------------17449159816946

Example 2.
"-----------------------------17449159816946"

Example 3.
"

"

Our application development is almost complete and we need to solve this problem.

Any directions to solve this issue is greatly appreciated.

Thx in advance
Murali

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4096805#4096805

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4096805