[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Nested Conversations (tricky interceptor)

denis-karpov do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Oct 22 11:03:28 EDT 2007

>From the first look my question seems to be trivial, but it is not.

How to return some information form the nested conversation to the parent conversation?
In docs there is line:anonymous wrote : A nested conversation has its own conversation context, and also has read-only access to the context of the outer conversation. (It can read the outer conversation's context variables, but not write to them.)
I always thought this as that I can't change the Map of the parent context variables, but I can change the state of any object in parent conversation context. And everything works as expected till Seam 2.x.

After Seam2 there was strange behavior all around in my application. Some fields of some objects unexpectedly becomes nulls or old values. After examining this situation I have found this interceptor ManagedEntityIdentityInterceptor. With this interceptor I have problems with changing state of objects in the parent conversation context.
Is it intended behavior or a bug?
If it is intended then how to transmit parameters to the parent conversation in Seam 2.x?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4097519#4097519

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4097519