[jboss-user] [Microcontainer] - cleartext password in jboss-beans.xml

rlao do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Oct 23 02:45:11 EDT 2007

I am looking for a way to avoid putting a cleartext password in my jboss-beans.xml file for the microcontainer.  Can someone point me to information on how to put encrypted password which can be decrypted later before being used to connect to the database (I put an ! in front of each line as otherwise, they don't get displayed correctly.  thank you for your help

<!bean name="DatasourceFactory" class="org.jboss.seam.microcontainer.DataSourceFactory">
  <!property name="driverClass">com.mysql.jdbc.Driver
  <!property name="connectionUrl">jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/db
  <!property name="userName">root
  <!property name="password">password
<!property name="jndiName">java:/hibernateDatasource
<!property name="transactionManager">
  <!inject bean="TransactionManager" />
  <!/property>

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4097703#4097703