[jboss-user] [Beginners Corner] - Newbie - Came from C++

scarvenger do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Oct 23 19:55:12 EDT 2007

Hi, i have several years of experience in C++ and have been playing with Java for some time, but only with Desktop Applications, and i hear everyone saying that "Aplication servers are great". I have read the wikipedia definition but i couldn´t get a exact answer: What is exactly a application server? Why do i need it? What does it do? Is it like a web server (Apache) that my website runs on?

Thank you.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4098088#4098088

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4098088