[jboss-user] [JBoss/Spring Integration] - Jboss + Spring + Hibernate + jboss + testNG + java.lang.Ill

Chandu_Coool123 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Oct 24 08:22:46 EDT 2007

Hello,
I am new to spring (Plz help me). I have an working application with Spring,hibernate,Jboss
and webservices.

Also posted on Spring Forum (waiting for reply)

My requirement is to write test cases using TestNg. I have multiple session factories in my configuraiton file and using "org.springframework.transaction.jta.JtaTransactio nManager" as transactionmanager.

This setup is working fine.
but when i introduce TestNg in to scene and try to run the test cases(On Webservices) it throws variety of wrrors when jta.jar is added to class path and when it is not.

if jta.jar is added then i get following error

Code:
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Either 'userTransaction' or 'userTransactionName' or 'transactionManager' or 'transactionManagerName' must be specifiedotherwise i get

Code:
NoClassDefFoundError: javax/transaction/TransactionManager ...I just unable to understand where i am doing something wrong which is affeting while running TestNg

Note: Here i am using

org.springframework.transaction.jta.JtaTransaction Manager as transaction manager even tough i am referring to local resources (databases which are not bound to container) as i have to persist data on the DB's at the same time

Following is my context.xml file
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
	xmlns:aop="http://www.springframework.org/schema/aop"
	xmlns:tx="http://www.springframework.org/schema/tx"
	xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.springframework.org/schema/beans http://www.springframework.org/schem...-beans-2.0.xsd
		http://www.springframework.org/schema/aop http://www.springframework.org/schem...ng-aop-2.1.xsd
		http://www.springframework.org/schema/tx http://www.springframework.org/schema/tx/spring-tx-2.0.xsd">

	<!-- Configurer that replaces ${...} placeholders with values from a properties file -->
	<!-- (in this case, JDBC-related settings for the dataSource definition below) -->

					/WEB-INF/classes/applicationContext.properties

	<!-- Local C3P0 DataSource that works in any environment -->
	<!-- (This DataSource implementation has a "close" method to be called on shutdown) -->
	<bean id="dtDataSource"
		class="com.mchange.v2.c3p0.ComboPooledDataSource"
		destroy-method="close">

	<bean id="prodDataSource"
		class="com.mchange.v2.c3p0.ComboPooledDataSource"
		destroy-method="close">

				600
				50

					false

				1
				5
				2000
				5
				false
				<!-- Set the release mode to auto, so that the DB connections are released as soon as the transaction is complete. -->

					auto

				true

					false

	<!-- Hibernate SessionFactory -->

		<!-- Must references all OR mapping files. -->

				/hbm/UserListDt.hbm.xml
				/hbm/BoomListParameters.hbm.xml
				/hbm/DtListParameters.hbm.xml
				/hbm/DtParameterTypes.hbm.xml
				/hbm/DtListType.hbm.xml
				/hbm/DataCenterValues.hbm.xml
				/hbm/DtListDataCenters.hbm.xml

		<!-- Must references all OR mapping files. -->

				/hbm/UserListProd.hbm.xml
				/hbm/ProductCategory.hbm.xml
				/hbm/UserListGroup.hbm.xml
				/hbm/User.hbm.xml

	<!-- =================== TRANSACTION ====================== -->

	<!-- the transactional advice (i.e. what 'happens'; see the <aop:advisor/> bean below) -->
	<tx:advice id="txAdvice" transaction-manager="transactionManager">
		<!-- the transactional semantics... -->
		<tx:attributes>
			<!-- all methods starting with 'get' are read-only -->
			<tx:method name="get*" read-only="true"
				propagation="REQUIRED" />
			<tx:method name="find*" read-only="true"
				propagation="REQUIRED" />
			<tx:method name="*" propagation="REQUIRED" rollback-for="BoomException" />
		</tx:attributes>
	</tx:advice>
Last edited by chandu_coool : Today at 04:32 PM.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4098273#4098273

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4098273