[jboss-user] [Beginners Corner] - Re: JBoss Startup - Log4JService

jaikiran do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Oct 24 08:25:06 EDT 2007

"Matty_R" wrote : It just comes down to cost of upgrade / retesting all of the different apps hosted on the server...

Fair enough.

I dont have that version installed on my test system. The oldest that i have is 3.2.7. I looked at the jboss-service.xml file and it mentions:

<!-- Preload all custom editors for VMs that don't use the thread
  |         context class loader when searching for PropertyEditors. Uncomment
  |         if your JDK 1.3.0 VM fails to find JBoss PropertyEditors.
  |    <mbean code="org.jboss.varia.property.PropertyEditorManagerService"
  |      name="jboss:type=Service,name=BootstrapEditors">
  |      <attribute name="BootstrapEditors">
  |        java.math.BigDecimal=org.jboss.util.propertyeditor.BigDecimalEditor
  |        java.lang.Boolean=org.jboss.util.propertyeditor.BooleanEditor
  |        java.lang.Class=org.jboss.util.propertyeditor.ClassEditor
  |        java.util.Date=org.jboss.util.propertyeditor.DateEditor
  |        java.io.File=org.jboss.util.propertyeditor.FileEditor
  |        java.net.InetAddress=org.jboss.util.propertyeditor.InetAddressEditor
  |        java.lang.Integer=org.jboss.util.propertyeditor.IntegerEditor
  |        javax.management.ObjectName=org.jboss.mx.util.propertyeditor.ObjectNameEditor
  |        java.util.Properties=org.jboss.util.propertyeditor.PropertiesEditor
  |        [Ljava.lang.String;=org.jboss.util.propertyeditor.StringArrayEditor
  |        java.net.URL=org.jboss.util.propertyeditor.URLEditor
  |      </attribute>
  |    </mbean>
  |    -->

This part is just above the Log4j initialization mbean. As mentioned (specifically for JDK 1.3) in that note, could you try uncommenting this part and see if it works.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4098275#4098275

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4098275