[jboss-user] [Messaging, JMS & JBossMQ] - Re: Setting up a non-server specific EAR

Juan Bustamante do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Oct 24 15:57:35 EDT 2007

I was thinking that if we set the useJNDI property to "true", it would look within the application server's JNDI namespace and retrieve the object based on the JNDI name that we provide within the Destination value.

		<activation-config-property>
  |                     <activation-config-property-name>destination</activation-config-property-name>
  |                     <activation-config-property-value>JNDI NAME</activation-config-property-value>
  |                 </activation-config-property>
  |                 <activation-config-property>
  |                     <activation-config-property-name>destinationType</activation-config-property-name>
  |                     <activation-config-property-value>javax.jms.Queue</activation-config-property-value>
  |                 </activation-config-property>
  |                 <activation-config-property>
  |                     <activation-config-property-name>useJNDI</activation-config-property-name>
  |                     <activation-config-property-value>true</activation-config-property-value>
  |                 </activation-config-property>

So I defined an Admin Object for the inbound queue, and I was thinking that by setting the useJNDI to be true, the application server would look up the admin object within the server's JNDI namespace as it would for the outbound queue, but instead I get the following error.

javax.resource.spi.ResourceAdapterInternalException: javax.jms.JMSException: MQJMS2005: failed to create MQQueueManager for 'localhost:'

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4098523#4098523

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4098523