[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - Want to set Expires and Cache-control HTTP headers for bundl

JonathansCorner.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Oct 25 10:56:58 EDT 2007

I am presently working with a bundle that includes Liferay 4.3.3 running over JBoss + Tomcat 4.2 (download link). I want to get the server to set far-future Expires and Cache-Control HTTP headers for images and JavaScript files, which I can identify either by MIME type or by file extension.

I'll try to post the contents of server/default/deploy/ROOT.war/WEB-INF/web.xml in a reply to this message, and appears to specify values high enough so that successive visits will load images and JavaScript from the browser cache instead of the server. However, Yslow and page load times both suggest that these files are being downloaded directly from the server and not loaded from cache.

Do you have any suggestions for how I might adjust what I have now so that frequent visitors will load images and external JavaScript files from the cache?

Thank you,
Jonathan Hayward
Jonathan's Corner: A Glimpse into Eastern Orthodox Christianity

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4098872#4098872

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4098872