[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: selectItems - Is it possible?

pete.muir@jboss.org do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Oct 25 17:05:39 EDT 2007

1) I never came across a use case in the wild that, as Dan says, wasn't either an entity or supported by a built in JSF converter (your example is covered by javax.faces.Boolean)

2) You can't convert entities like that as JSF may serialize page scoped variables (when using client-side state saving which we used to *have* to use with MyFaces and Seam) which causes them to become unmanaged (which is *bad*).

3) Well I/we use the term patch to cover any modification to the code base, whether it involves adding new classes or not. I find diff format much easier to read than some random zip with classes in it.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4099020#4099020

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4099020