[jboss-user] [Beginners Corner] - Re: A Beginner Problem: JAVA_HOME not set?

mesmer do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Oct 25 20:52:46 EDT 2007

"jaikiran" wrote : Do you have Java installed on your system. If not, you can download it from the Sun website. JBoss 4.2.x requires Java 5 version. You can download it from http://java.sun.com/javase/downloads/index_jdk5.jsp. Once you have downloaded it, you can set JAVA_HOME to point to the folder where you installed Java (i would recommend you install it in a folder which does not have a space in its path). You can set the JAVA_HOME in the run.bat itself. Here's an example, i have Java 5 installed at C:\jdk1.5.0_07, so my JAVA_HOME will be set in the run.bat as follows:

  | JAVA_HOME=C:\jdk1.5.0_07
  |
  | Once you have set this, you can then start JBoss as usual, using the run.bat
Hi, thanks for your reply.

I installed JDK in my system, but i don't know how to do with the JAVA_HOME setting. Do i need to edit the run.bat file? If i need to do that, which part should i edit?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4099080#4099080

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4099080