[jboss-user] [JBossCache] - Re: writing to JBoss Cache Remotely

manik.surtani@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Oct 26 07:35:28 EDT 2007

No.  We don't distribute any code that does this, although creating a wrapper interface to do this using the technology of your choice should be trivial.  I know of people who were trying to wrap the cache interface in CORBA so they could write to it from a C app, but that's an extreme case.

Another approach would be that your front-end has a Cache instance as well, which is a part of the cluster, but configured to be a "light" member of the cluster (e.g., very aggressive eviction so memory footprint is small; no state transfer; and a clustered cache loader to load state from other cluster members as needed).

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4099230#4099230

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4099230