[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - meta http-equiv refresh and JSF/Seam?

dpocock do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Oct 26 10:07:05 EDT 2007

A Seam page displays some data from an entity bean.

The database is updated regulary by another process.

Is it possible for the Seam page to auto-refresh in the browser, and automatically fetch the new data from the database?

I've observed the following:

- If the meta tag for refresh is used, the action method that populates the backing bean is never called.  <meta http-equiv="refresh" content="30" />

- If I create a `reload' button on the page, which calls the action, the data does update.

Is it possible to generate a `refresh' meta-tag that will do the same thing as the JSF commandButton I've used for reload?

Is there another way to solve this problem using JSF, Seam or Javascript?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4099314#4099314

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4099314