[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - RichFaces and login-required="true" in pages.xml

j99976 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Oct 26 11:27:34 EDT 2007

Hi,

There seems to be an issue where if you set login-required="true" against view-id="*" in pages.xml, the colours of the RichFaces components fail to render. There is no error.

Its easy to replicate, use seam-gen to generate a new project, then go to the url. It looks ok. Then modify the first  in pages.xml to add login-required="true":
    <page view-id="*" login-required="true">

            <rule if-outcome="home">
                <redirect view-id="/home.xhtml"/>

When you reload the app ( I even tried rebuilding), the RichFaces skin has disappeared. You may need to refresh to see this. When you remove the login-required attribute, the skin is back when you reload.

I found this in Seam 2.0 CR2, and its in CR3 as well. Maybe its a RichFaces issue?

Do I need to submit a JIRA ticket in Seam or Richfaces?

Thanks

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4099359#4099359

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4099359