[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Feedback wanted. Would you choose JB Portal again?

wheezer do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Oct 26 14:52:57 EDT 2007

We've been evaluating Jboss vs Liferay and Jetspeed.  It's hard to find really good reviews or success stories and evangelists.  It seems that Red Hat should give JBP a big lift over Liferay and others, but that's speculative.  We liked Liferay, but the community seems very quiet, and the liferay company seems more focused on their commercial support, than really pumping their community.

All of the portals have fewer open source portlets than we imagined they would have.  Logic says that Red hat's involvement might rev up the portlet development, and probably here at JBP first, but logic has been wrong before.   It's been a year and a half. Is that happening, or....?

We could really profit from some  feedback from JBoss Portal users who have serious experience with it, and perhaps the other portals.

So if you were given a second chance, would you still choose JB Portal, or go another route? If not, what might you choose instead?  We've learned on other sites that questions like this get a lot of response. They can be VERY very helpful to we seekers looking to find the right solution.

Thanks in advance.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4099468#4099468

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4099468