[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - simple question - how to get handle to managed session bean?

X490812 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Oct 28 22:17:58 EDT 2007

I have a seam manaaged stateless session bean. It has a method that will call a method from a seam managed stateful session bean. I know the stateful session bean is in session context as I see it there in debug.seam. How can I get a handle to it from my stateless session bean method so that I can call a method on it. I currently have this in my statelsess session bean, but, when the method runs, it tells me that the stateful session bean onbject is null:

  | @Stateless
  | @Name("CASELISTFORM")
  | public class CaseListFormBean implements CaseListForm {
  | .
  | .
  |
  | 	@In(required=false, scope=ScopeType.SESSION)
  | 	private SearchPanel sp;
  | .
  | .
  | .
  | 	private void getCustomCases() {
  | 		String whereClause = sp.createWhereClause();
  | 		String strQry = "select * from tblcase " + whereClause;
  | 		Query q = em
  | 		.createNativeQuery(strQry, Tblcase.class);
  | 		caseList = q.getResultList();
  |
  | 	}
  | .
  | .