[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - session refresh

panky_p do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Oct 29 03:19:22 EDT 2007

Hi,
 I am trying to add a page in my demo application for that my bean contains

  | @Entity
  | @Scope(SESSION)
  | @Name("myPage")
  | @Table(name="my_page")
  | public class MyPage implements Serializable {
  |
  | @Id @GeneratedValue
  | @Column(name="page_id")
  | private Integer pageId;

and
@Stateful
  | @Scope(ScopeType.CONVERSATION)
  | @Name("surveyManager")
  | public class PageAction implements PageManager {
  |
  | @In(required=true)
  | @Out(required=true)
  | private MyPage myPage;
  | @In(create=true)
  | private EntityManager em;

and to add page i am using

  | public String add(MyPage myPage) {
  | try {
  | em.persist(myPage);
  | em.flush();
  | }catch (Exception ex){ }
  | }

When I try to add first page it works fine but when I try to add another page It gives error because of session object it brings old pageId and not the new one I also tried it by making @Stateless but still it wont work, but I need the session should remain and pageId should be new.
Is it possible??
Any hints???

Thanks
panky_p