[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Seam Text: message format

mars1412 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Oct 29 05:15:48 EDT 2007

in the .properties file, I have a text that includes standard java message formatting - e.g.

mtr.test.param.format=string {1} currency {0,number,#.##} integer {0,number,integer}.

in the web-page i use the following code to generate the output:

  |     <h:outputFormat value="#{messages['mtr.test.param.format']}">
  |     	<f:param value="3.145" />
  |     	<f:param value="a disturbance in the Force" />
  |     </h:outputFormat>

but the rendered string is:

  | string a disturbance in the Force currency 3.145 integer 3.145.

why does the #.## not work with h:outputFormat?

is this my mistake, or does h:outputFormat not support all java message format identifiers?
http://java.sun.com/javase/6/docs/api/java/text/MessageFormat.html

thanks in advance

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4099757#4099757

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4099757